Technical product information
Metalub EP Gear Oils are a family of industrial extreme pressure gear lubricants. They are formulated with high quality mineral oils, which help reduce sludge formation helping to increase oil service life. In addition these oils provide strong protection against corrosion of steel and copper containing alloys and resist foaming. Metalub EP oils have good water handling properties so that water rapidly separates from the oil for easy water elimination.
METALUB EP Gear Oils are recommended for use in:
- Enclosed gear sets calling for EP Gear Oil
- Gear sets with spur, bevel, spur bevel, spiral bevel or herringbone gears
- Plain and anti-friction bearings and chain drives
- Manual transmissions and gear reducers calling for EP Gear Oil
- Bath, splash, circulating or mist systems
- General plant lubrication where EP performance is needed
US Steel 224 Gear Oils
AGMA EP Gear Oils 2EP, 3EP, 4EP, 5EP, 6EP, 7EP, 8EP
MAG Cincinnati, Cincinnati Machine P-63 (ISO 68), P-76 (ISO 100), P-77 (ISO 150), P-74 (ISO 220), P-59 (ISO 320), P-35 (ISO 460)
Safety and Handling
Use the same care and handling that you would use with any petroleum product.
Overexposure to product may cause eye, skin, or respiratory irritation. Dispose of used oil properly as continuous contact with used oil has caused skin cancer in laboratory tests. Avoid ongoing contact. Wash skin with soap and water. Launder or discard soiled clothes. Empty containers contain vapors and residue. Do not re-use. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN.